If you have unwanted fat anywhere on your body such as your thighs, arms, midsection, flanks, and more, you may be a good candidate for liposuction surgery. This procedure can eliminate stubborn fat from many different areas and mold your body into a more ideal shape.
At Zormeier Cosmetic Surgery & Longevity Center, we can help you minimize bulges and sculpt your body through our liposuction procedures. We utilize different liposuction techniques including VASER®, water jet assisted, and laser-assisted, that enable us to customize your services.
What Is Liposuction?
Liposuction surgery is a procedure that removes fat from targeted areas of the body. During the procedure, your surgeon marks the areas where you have extra fat or unwanted bulges and then inserts a cannula through small incisions. Additional technologies can be used to liquefy fat cells first to make them easier to remove. Then suction is used to remove the fat cells. While liposuction is not a weight loss treatment, it can improve the appearance of certain areas.
How Long Do Liposuction Results Last?
Liposuction permanently removes fat cells from the target area. Once they are removed, they don’t return. However, it is important to note that not all fat cells are removed during this procedure. Fat cells that remain after your liposuction surgery can still expand with weight loss or change over time. While liposuction can last for many years, certain factors may affect these benefits over time. These factors include:
Maintaining a consistent weight is important for retaining the benefits of your liposuction procedure. When you gain weight, fat cells can expand. Because fat cells will remain in your treatment area, bulges can return if you gain weight.
Your lifestyle can impact how long you will be able to enjoy results from your liposuction treatment. It is important to care for your body by eating a healthy diet and living an active lifestyle. Other lifestyle factors can impact the duration of liposuction results such as alcohol consumption and whether or not you smoke.
Genetics often dictate where you are prone to storing fat. If you have stubborn areas that seem to collect fat, these areas may still be genetically prone to gaining fat again in the absence of proper diet and exercise.
As your body ages, your skin can become less elastic. This can lead to sagging skin and changes in the treatment area. Skin laxity can impact the results of your liposuction and change the contours of your body even if you don’t have any weight gain in the area.
What Types of Liposuction Are Available?
- Tumescent Liposuction: Tumescent liposuction is a technique that involves filling the treatment area with a medicated fluid. This fluid is mostly saline water but also contains lidocaine to numb the area and epinephrine to minimize bleeding. The tumescent fluid makes fat removal easier and improves patient comfort and recovery.
- Water Jet Assisted: Water jet-assisted liposuction allows for less manual manipulation during the liposuction procedure. This can make the process gentler for the patient. A jet of water is used to loosen fat cells and make them easier to remove using the cannula.
- Laser Liposuction: Laser liposuction uses laser technology to liquefy fat cells before removal. The laser heats the fat cells, breaking them down and making them easier to remove. This treatment can also help to tighten the skin in the treatment area.
- VASER® Liposuction: VASER liposuction, also known as ultrasound-assisted liposuction, begins with an ultrasound probe that breaks down fat cells while being gentle on the surrounding tissues. Once the fat cells are liquified, they are removed using the cannula. Like laser liposuction, VASER liposuction can tighten the skin.
- MicroAire™ Power Assisted Liposuction: MicroAire Power Assisted Liposuction (PAL) uses vibration technology to break up fat cells, leading to easier removal. Patients may have a shorter recovery with this type of procedure.
How Much Is Liposuction?
Because the scope of surgery and the device and method used for each individual liposuction will be different, the cost of liposuction surgery can vary widely. You will need to talk to your doctor about which type of liposuction surgery is right for you, how big of an area you will be treating, and how much the procedure will cost. You can set up a consultation with your surgeon to get more details about the procedure.
What Areas Can Be Treated With Liposuction?
One area where liposuction treatments can be performed is the midsection area. It is common for both men and women to have stubborn fat in the abdominal area. Liposuction is also common for the flanks, back, bra line, and waist.
Arm liposuction is a common treatment. Excess fat is taken from the upper arm to make it more slender and to help lift and shape the arms.
Neck liposuction can be the right treatment for patients who have excess fat on the neck and chin. It is a common procedure for patients who are concerned about their double chin and want a more defined chin and jawline.
If your body collects excess fat on the thighs, you may be a good candidate for thigh liposuction. This procedure can remove fat, contour the thighs and improve the appearance of the legs.
Liposuction Surgery in Noblesville, TN
If you are near your target weight but you still have stubborn bulges that don’t go away even when you lose weight, it may be time to consider liposuction surgery. At Zormeier Cosmetic Surgery & Longevity Center, we will meet with you and discuss all of the liposuction options that we offer. Then we will help guide you to the right procedure for you and your concerns. Call us today or schedule your consultation online.