The characterization of adrenal fatigue is a debilitating and relentless fatigue. The primary shock absorbers for the body are the adrenal glands. There are two glands, each the size of a thumb, located on top of the kidneys. These glands produce essential hormones including DHEA, cortisol and norepinephrine to enable the body to react in flexible and healthy ways to the stress of daily life. If you are dealing with this condition, the good news is we offer adrenal fatigue treatment.
The most common signs of adrenal fatigue include:
- Waking up feeling groggy
- Difficulty getting out of bed in the morning
- Needing several cups of caffeinated tea or coffee to be able to start the day
- Needing caffeine and sugary snacks to make it through the day
- Craving sweets, especially in the afternoon or morning hours
- A diagnosis of hypoglycemia
- Memory issues and a foggy thinking pattern
- Consistently suffering from depression, headaches or infections
- Difficulty falling asleep at night despite being thoroughly exhausted
- Spending hours at night replaying the issues of the day
- Consistently suffering from insomnia
- An out of proportion impact of ordinary stress on daily life
- A complete loss of interest in sex with no apparent reason
If you fit several of the above descriptions, it may be because your adrenal glands are nearly empty. Even if you have taken all the recommended medical tests and they came back normal, you may be suffering from adrenal fatigue.
The best possible diagnostic approach is to schedule tests during specific periods of the day to test your levels. This is the best way to reveal an incorrect pattern of DHEA or cortisol secretion. The characteristics of adrenal fatigue are cortisol levels that are too low during the morning and too high during the evening. There are a lot of different causes for this condition. One of the main causes is long periods of unabated stress that have not been addressed combined with a diet poor in nutrients.
Your adrenal tests may reveal your production of adrenal hormones is inadequate. In this instance, there are several different adrenal fatigue treatment options. We’ll aim to increase either your cortisol, DHEA or both. The hormone can be taken directly in the correct dosage as recommended by a professional. Your levels should be retested every ninety days. Once your levels are in the normal range again, your dosage should be tapered off gradually until you are no longer taking the hormone.
If you are interested in adrenal fatigue treatment, please schedule your personal consultation at Zormeier Cosmetic Surgery & Longevity Center. We have offices located in Danville, Shelbyville, Noblesville and Healdsburg. Contact us today to book an appointment and learn more.